- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 2 small cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 quart water
- 2 (14 1/2-ounce) cans whole tomatoes, undrained and chopped
- 1 cup catsup
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon celery seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup cracker crumbs
- Hot cooked rice
How to Make It
Sauté celery, onion, and garlic in butter in a small Dutch oven until tender. Stir in next 8 ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
Return to a boil; stir in shrimp and lemon juice. Reduce heat to medium; cook 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Stir in cracker crumbs.
Spoon shrimp mixture over hot cooked rice in individual serving bowls. Serve immediately.