- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1 1/2 pounds medium shrimp, cooked, peeled, deveined, and chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Pimiento-stuffed olive slices (optional)
- Cucumber slices (optional)
- Fresh parsley sprigs (optional)
- Assorted crackers
How to Make It
Combine soup and cream cheese in top of a double boiler; cook over hot water until cream cheese melts and is well blended. Remove from heat; cool slightly. Stir in gelatin; mix well. Add shrimp, mayonnaise, celery, green onion, green pepper, Worcestershire sauce, and lemon juice; mix well.
Pour mixture into a lightly oiled 5 1/2-cup fish mold. Cover and chill overnight.
Unmold mousse onto a chilled serving plate. Decorate fish with pimiento-stuffed olive slices for eyes and mouth, and cucumber slices for gills and tail, if desired. Garnish tray with parsley, if desired. Serve immediately with crackers.