- About 2 1/2 quarts water
- 3 1/2 pounds unpeeled medium shrimp, uncooked
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mace
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 to 6 drops hot sauce
- Fresh parsley sprigs (optional)
- Lemon slices (optional)
- Pimiento strips (optional)
How to Make It
Bring water to a boil; add shrimp, and reduce heat. Simmer 3 to 5 minutes. Drain well. Peel and devein shrimp.
Grind shrimp or reduce almost to a paste in a food processor. Add butter; blend well. Stir in mayonnaise, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, mace, salt, pepper, and hot sauce.
Lightly oil a 4-cup fish mold, and line with plastic wrap. Pack shrimp mixture firmly into mold; chill several hours or overnight. Turn out onto a serving dish, and peel off plastic wrap. Sprinkle with paprika. Garnish with parsley, lemon slices, and pimiento, if desired. Serve with crackers.