Shrimp Martinis with Napa Cabbage Slaw
Impress your guests by serving coconut shrimp over slaw in festive martini glasses. You'll be the talk of the town.
Yield: Makes 8 servings
- 24 unpeeled, large fresh shrimp (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut, toasted
- 4 cups vegetable oil
- Napa Cabbage Slaw
- Garnish: lime wedges
- Peel shrimp, leaving tails on; devein, if desired.
- Dip shrimp in egg. Stir together breadcrumbs and coconut; dredge shrimp in mixture.
- Pour oil into a Dutch oven; heat to 375°. Fry shrimp, in batches, over medium-high heat 2 minutes or until golden. Drain on paper towels.
- Spoon Napa Cabbage Slaw evenly into 8 martini glasses. Top each with 3 fried shrimp. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This