- 5 ounces uncooked rice noodles
- 3 tablespoons water
- 4 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 12 ounces large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon canola oil, divided
- 1 cup sliced yellow onion
- 1 cup sliced red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1 cup cubed peeled ripe mango
- 1/2 cup torn fresh basil leaves
- calories 275
- fat 4.7 g
- satfat 0.4 g
- monofat 2.4 g
- polyfat 1.2 g
- protein 13 g
- carbohydrate 45 g
- fiber 2 g
- cholesterol 107 mg
- iron 1 mg
- sodium 369 mg
- calcium 82 mg
How to Make It
Prepare noodles according to package directions. Drain.
Combine 3 tablespoons water and next 4 ingredients (through cornstarch) in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Set aside.
Combine red pepper, black pepper, and shrimp in a medium bowl; toss to coat.
Heat a wok or a large skillet over high heat. Add 1 1/2 teaspoons oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add shrimp mixture; cook 3 minutes or until shrimp are almost done, turning once. Remove shrimp mixture from pan. Add remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add onion, bell pepper, and ginger; cook 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Return shrimp mixture and juice mixture to pan. Add mango; cook 1 minute or until liquid thickens slightly and shrimp are done. Sprinkle with basil. Serve over noodles.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.