Shrimp-Manchego-Chorizo Grits With Red Bean Salsa
Photo: Ben Van Hook
- 3 cups water
- 3 fish bouillon cubes
- 3/4 cup regular grits
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 pound cooked large shrimp, peeled, deveined, and chopped
- 1/8 pound chorizo sausage, cooked and chopped
- 1/4 pound grated Manchego or Parmesan cheese
- Red Bean Salsa
- 30 large shrimp, cooked, peeled (leaving tails intact), and deveined
- Garnishes: fried plantain slices, drops of chili olive oil and saffron olive oil, fresh thyme sprigs
- Bring 3 cups water to a boil in a large saucepan; add bouillon cubes, stirring until dissolved. Gradually stir in grits; cover, reduce heat, and cook 15 minutes. Remove mixture from heat.
- Stir in butter and next 3 ingredients, and add salt and pepper to taste. Spoon into 6 (6-ounce) lightly greased ramekins; cool slightly.
- Unmold grits onto individual serving plates; spoon Red Bean Salsa on top of grits. Arrange 5 cooked shrimp around grits. Garnish, if desired.
- Note: To make plantain slices for garnish, cut 1 large plantain into very thin slices; fry in hot oil (350°) for 1 minute or until crisp.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes