This was my first time rolling sushi and turned out great. Super nice mix of flavors, served with wasabi/soy sauce/pickled ginger.
Becky Luigart-Stayner; Lydia DeGaris-Pursell and Jan Gautro
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 367
- Calories from fat: 21%
- Fat: 8.7g
- Saturated fat: 1.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.3g
- Protein: 17.8g
- Carbohydrate: 53.6g
- Fiber: 6.1g
- Cholesterol: 111mg
- Iron: 5mg
- Sodium: 377mg
- Calcium: 54mg
- 6 nori (seaweed) sheets
- 4 1/2 cups cooked Sushi Rice
- 1 1/2 cups cooked medium shrimp, peeled, deveined, and halved (about 3/4 pound)
- 12 strips julienne-cut carrot
- 12 (1/4-inch-thick) slices peeled avocado (about 1 1/2 medium)
- 6 green onion tops (about 7-inch length)
- 1 cucumber, peeled, halved lengthwise, seeded, and cut into 12 (7-inch) julienne-cut strips
- Cut off top quarter of nori sheet along short end. Place nori, shiny side down, on a sushi mat covered with plastic wrap, with long end toward you. Pat 3/4 cup rice over nori with moist hands, leaving a 1-inch border on one long end of the nori.
- Arrange 1/4 cup shrimp, 2 carrot strips, 2 slices avocado, 1 green onion top, and 2 cucumber strips along top third of rice-covered nori.
- Lift edge of nori closest to you; fold over filling. Lift bottom edge of sushi mat; roll toward top edge, pressing firmly on sushi roll. Continue rolling to top edge; press mat to seal sushi roll. Let rest, seam side down, for 5 minutes. Repeat procedure with remaining ingredients. Slice each roll into 8 pieces with a sharp knife.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This