- 6 nori (seaweed) sheets
- 4 1/2 cups cooked Sushi Rice
- 1 1/2 cups cooked medium shrimp, peeled, deveined, and halved (about 3/4 pound)
- 12 strips julienne-cut carrot
- 12 (1/4-inch-thick) slices peeled avocado (about 1 1/2 medium)
- 6 green onion tops (about 7-inch length)
- 1 cucumber, peeled, halved lengthwise, seeded, and cut into 12 (7-inch) julienne-cut strips
- calories 367
- caloriesfromfat 21 %
- fat 8.7 g
- satfat 1.5 g
- monofat 5 g
- polyfat 1.3 g
- protein 17.8 g
- carbohydrate 53.6 g
- fiber 6.1 g
- cholesterol 111 mg
- iron 5 mg
- sodium 377 mg
- calcium 54 mg
How to Make It
Cut off top quarter of nori sheet along short end. Place nori, shiny side down, on a sushi mat covered with plastic wrap, with long end toward you. Pat 3/4 cup rice over nori with moist hands, leaving a 1-inch border on one long end of the nori.
Arrange 1/4 cup shrimp, 2 carrot strips, 2 slices avocado, 1 green onion top, and 2 cucumber strips along top third of rice-covered nori.
Lift edge of nori closest to you; fold over filling. Lift bottom edge of sushi mat; roll toward top edge, pressing firmly on sushi roll. Continue rolling to top edge; press mat to seal sushi roll. Let rest, seam side down, for 5 minutes. Repeat procedure with remaining ingredients. Slice each roll into 8 pieces with a sharp knife.