Shrimp Louis Sliders
Photo: Randy Mayor; Styling: Kathleen Royal Phillips
Yield: Makes 8 servings
More From Coastal Living
Other: 1 Hour, 15 Minutes
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 1/2 cups panko (Japanese breadcrumbs), divided
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- Chive Biscuits
- Louis Dressing
- 1. Pulse shrimp in a food processor 4 or 5 times or until chopped. Spoon into a medium bowl.
- 2. Melt butter in a small skillet over medium heat; add celery and onion, and sauté until tender. Add to shrimp in bowl; gently stir in 1 cup panko and next 6 ingredients. Shape mixture into 8 patties (about 1/3 cup each). Place remaining 1/2 cup panko in a shallow dish; dredge both sides of patties in panko. Place patties on an aluminum foil- or parchment-lined baking sheet; cover and chill 1 hour.
- 3. Fry patties in hot oil, in 2 batches, in a large skillet over medium-high heat 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until golden. Drain on paper towels.
- 4. Cut Chive Biscuits in half. Place 1/4 cup lettuce on bottom half of each biscuit; top with a dollop of Louis Dressing and 1 shrimp patty. Cover with top halves of biscuits.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sandwiches