Shrimp "Louis" Sandwiches
We've reimagined the classic crab Louis as a satisfying sandwich, swapping in sweet, tiny bay shrimp and piling the salad onto thick slices of toasted bread.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 563
- Calories from fat: 35%
- Protein: 38g
- Fat: 22g
- Saturated fat: 3.1g
- Carbohydrate: 52g
- Fiber: 3.5g
- Sodium: 1941mg
- Cholesterol: 321mg
- 1 1/2 cups cooked bay shrimp (also called salad shrimp)
- 1/3 cup small dice (1/4 in.) of cucumber
- 1/3 cup small dice (1/4 in.) of red onion
- 1/3 cup small dice (1/4 in.) of red pepper
- 1/3 cup small dice (1/4 in.) of celery
- 1/4 cup dill relish
- 1 tablespoon coarse-ground mustard
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons tarragon, chopped
- 2 tablespoons flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup red cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 leaves butter lettuce
- 8 wide brioche or challah slices, toasted
- 1. In a large bowl, combine shrimp, diced vegetables, relish, mustard, mayonnaise, and herbs. Add salt and pepper to taste. Chill at least 15 minutes to let the flavors mingle. Stir in tomatoes.
- 2. Arrange 1 lettuce leaf on 1 slice of bread and top with some shrimp mixture. Top with another slice of bread. Repeat to make 4 sandwiches.
- Make ahead: Shrimp filling, up to 3 hours, chilled.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note