A very basic recipe that you can adjust with add-ons or substitutions. I used white wine instead of cooking water, added kalamata olives and capers, a chopped tomato, a heaping tsp. of pesto, and feta instead of ricotta & parmesan. I know that changes it a lot, but a recipe this basic needs additions. Portion sizes would be okay if you were having bread, salad, desert. For a one dish meal, this served me & my husband with no leftovers. If you are using dried pasta, 6 oz. dried linguine is equivalent.
Shrimp Linguine with Ricotta, Fennel, and Spinach
Photo: Brian Woodcock; Styling: Cindy Barr
Fresh packaged noodles and quick-cooking shrimp make this a snap.
Yield: Serves 4 (serving size: 1 cup)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 377
- Fat: 10.6g
- Saturated fat: 4.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.9g
- Protein: 23.9g
- Carbohydrate: 43.6g
- Fiber: 4.8g
- Cholesterol: 122mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Sodium: 650mg
- Calcium: 296mg
- 9 ounces fresh linguine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup vertically sliced fennel bulb
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced shallots
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 (6-ounce) package fresh baby spinach
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 ounces grated fresh Parmesan cheese (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain in a colander over a bowl, reserving 1/2 cup cooking liquid.
- 2. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil; swirl to coat. Add shrimp, fennel, and shallots; sauté 3 minutes. Add garlic; sauté 30 seconds. Add spinach; cook 2 minutes or until spinach wilts.
- 3. Stir in rind and next 3 ingredients (through salt). Stir in reserved cooking liquid; cook 1 minute or until slightly thickened. Add pasta and Parmesan cheese; toss to coat. Top each serving with 1 tablespoon ricotta.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This