- 12 ounces whole-grain rotini, rotelle, or fusilli pasta
- 1 pound (30 to 35 per lb.) peeled deveined shrimp, tails removed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- About 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red chile flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cups loosely packed baby spinach leaves
- 1 can (15 oz.) chickpeas (garbanzos), drained and rinsed
- 1 1/4 cups low-fat plain Greek-style yogurt (or whole-milk plain yogurt)
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh mint leaves
- 2 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest
- calories 405
- caloriesfromfat 27 %
- protein 23 g
- fat 12 g
- satfat 3 g
- carbohydrate 54 g
- fiber 10 g
- sodium 475 mg
- cholesterol 81 mg
How to Make It
Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until tender to the bite, 9 to 12 minutes or according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
Meanwhile, toss shrimp with 2 tbsp. olive oil, onion, garlic, 3/4 tsp. salt, chile flakes, and cumin; marinate at room temperature 10 minutes. Preheat a medium frying pan over medium heat, then add shrimp and marinade. Cook, stirring often, until shrimp are pink and firm, 3 to 4 minutes.
In a large bowl, toss together pasta, shrimp mixture, spinach, chickpeas, yogurt, mint, lemon juice, remaining oil, and lemon zest. Season to taste with salt. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.