Grilling takes this fast shrimp appetizer from simple to super. For an authentic Italian presentation, thread the shrimp on sturdy rosemary sprigs before grilling. If you can't find fresh rosemary sprigs, thread shrimp onto wooden skewers (soak skewers in water for 30 minutes first).
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 27
- Calories from fat: 25%
- Fat: 0.8g
- Saturated fat: 0.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.2g
- Protein: 4.3g
- Carbohydrate: 0.5g
- Fiber: 0.1g
- Cholesterol: 32mg
- Iron: 0.6mg
- Sodium: 128mg
- Calcium: 14mg
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Dash of ground red pepper
- 18 large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 6 (6-inch) rosemary sprigs
- Cooking spray
- Prepare grill.
- Combine first 10 ingredients in a zip-top plastic bag; seal and shake well. Marinate in refrigerator for 15 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Thread 3 shrimp on each rosemary sprig. Place prepared sprigs on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 2 minutes on each side or until shrimp are done.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers