Made these for a birthday party in August and they were devoured in seconds! Making them again for a Christmas party. They are just so darn good!
Shrimp Jalapeño Poppers
Leyden is a Dutch cheese that's like gouda with cumin seeds mixed in. If you can't find it, use regular gouda and a few more toasted cumin seeds.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 217
- Calories from fat: 74%
- Protein: 11g
- Fat: 18g
- Saturated fat: 11g
- Carbohydrate: 3.7g
- Fiber: 0.7g
- Sodium: 415mg
- Cholesterol: 84mg
- 12 jalapeño chiles
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 8 ounces Leyden cheese, shredded
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup cooked bay shrimp
- 1. Preheat grill to medium (350° to 450°). Wearing kitchen gloves, halve chiles lengthwise. Scoop out seeds and ribs with a spoon.
- 2. Toast cumin seeds in a small frying pan over medium heat until fragrant, 1 minute. Transfer to a food processor, add cheeses, and whirl to blend. Put cheese mixture in a bowl and stir in onions and shrimp.
- 3. Spoon cheese filling into chiles. Lay a sheet of greased foil on cooking grate. Set chiles, filling side up, on greased foil, cover grill, and cook until chiles are tender and cheese is melted and starting to brown, 15 minutes. Let cool slightly before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note