- 7 1/2 cups water
- 3 pounds unpeeled, large fresh shrimp
- 2 small purple onions, sliced
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon white wine Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
How to Make It
Bring water to a boil; add shrimp, and cook 2 to 3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Drain and rinse with cold water. Peel shrimp; devein, if desired.
Layer shrimp and onion slices in an airtight container.
Whisk together oil and next 10 ingredients; pour over shrimp mixture. Cover and chill 24 hours, stirring occasionally.