Recipe was quick and easy to prepare. Really enjoyed the vinaigrette. I had an avocado on hand so I added slices of it to the salad. It was a great addition even though I know the avocado increased the calories.
Shrimp and Herb Salad
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 194
- Fat: 11.7g
- Saturated fat: 1.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 7.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.3g
- Protein: 16.8g
- Carbohydrate: 6.2g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 143mg
- Iron: 1.1mg
- Sodium: 417mg
- Calcium: 81mg
- Cooking spray
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3/8 teaspoon salt, divided
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (5-ounce) package mixed salad greens (about 5 cups)
- 1 cup shaved yellow squash (about 2 medium)
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh oregano leaves
- 1. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Sprinkle shrimp evenly with 1/8 teaspoon salt. Add shrimp to pan; cook 2 minutes on each side or until done.
- 2. Combine oil, juice, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, and pepper in a medium bowl; stir with a whisk. Combine greens, squash, basil, and oregano in a large bowl. Add oil mixture; toss gently to coat. Divide salad mixture evenly among 4 plates; top with shrimp.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note