- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 (6-ounce) package fresh baby spinach
- 1 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 (14-ounce) can hearts of palm, drained and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 ripe avocados, sliced
- 2 plum tomatoes, cut into wedges
How to Make It
Process cilantro and next 5 ingredients in a food processor until smooth. With processor running, add oil in a slow, steady stream until blended.
Toss spinach with 1/4 cup dressing; divide evenly among 4 serving plates. Top evenly with shrimp, hearts of palm, avocado, and tomato wedges. Drizzle salads evenly with remaining dressing.
Wine note: "For this salad, I chose a Wine Spectator 2004 Top 100--Chateau Ste. Michelle Eroica Riesling 2003 [$19]--a wine of superior character and style. It is not like the German-style Rieslings, but has green-apple and apricot flavors that give it a mild sugar finish with almost a caramel taste." --Rosalind Johnson, Divas Uncorked, Massachusetts