- 1 medium onion, halved
- 1 large green pepper, seeded and quartered
- 3 stalks celery
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (28 ounces) whole tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 2 cans (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 pounds medium shrimp, shelled and deveined
- Hot cooked rice
How to Make It
Assemble and attach the KitchenAid® Rotor Slicer/Shredder attachment to the KitchenAid® Stand Mixer. Use the thick slicer cone (No. 3), turn to Speed 4 and slice onion, green pepper and celery, keeping each separate.
Heat oil in a 5-quart pot over medium heat. Add garlic and saute 1 minute. Add onion and saute 2 minutes. Add green pepper and celery and saute 2 minutes more.
Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, sugar, salt, bay leaf, thyme, parsley and hot pepper sauce. Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes. Add shrimp, stir gently and cook 4 to 5 minutes longer. Serve immediately over hot rice.
To purchase the KitchenAid® products used in this recipe, please visit www.shopkitchenaid.com