- 2 pounds frozen, peeled and deveined large shrimp
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 cup chicken broth, divided
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- Hot cooked grits
How to Make It
Thaw shrimp according to package directions.
Combine Cajun seasoning, Italian seasoning, and paprika; toss together seasoning mixture and shrimp.
Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat; add garlic, and sauté 1 minute. Add shrimp, 3/4 cup broth, Worcestershire sauce, and hot sauce; cook 5 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink. Remove shrimp with a slotted spoon, reserving broth mixture in skillet.
Whisk together remaining 1/4 cup chicken broth and flour until blended; whisk flour mixture into broth mixture in skillet, and cook, whisking constantly, 2 to 3 minutes or until thickened. Add shrimp, and cook 1 minute. Serve immediately over grits.