- 1 1/2 pounds unpeeled, large raw shrimp (31/40 count)
- 1 pound fresh asparagus
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup uncooked quick-cooking grits
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 (8-oz.) package sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 bunch green onions, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
How to Make It
Peel shrimp; devein, if desired. Snap off and discard tough ends of asparagus. Cut asparagus into 1-inch pieces.
Bring chicken broth to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat; whisk in grits and half-and-half. Cook, whisking constantly, 7 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat. Stir in 2 Tbsp. butter. Keep warm.
Melt remaining 2 Tbsp. butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add asparagus, mushrooms, green onions, and thyme, and sauté 3 to 4 minutes. Add shrimp, and cook 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in salt; cook 3 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink. Serve immediately over warm grits.