Shrimp & Grits
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 4 cup(s) chicken broth low sodium
- 1 cup(s) regular grits
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 cup(s) sharp cheddar shredded and divided (3/4 c and 1/4 c)
- 1 cup(s) monterey jack chesse with jalapeno peppers shredded
- 2 tablespoon(s) butter
- 6 green onions chopped
- 1 green bell pepper chopped
- 1 clove(s) garlic minced
- 1 pound(s) shrimp peeled and sauteed
- 10 ounce(s) can of Rotel drained, but reserve juice
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) pepper
- Bring 4 cups chicken broth and salt to a boil in a large saucepan. Stir in grits- cover, reduce heat and simmer 15- 20 minutes till done.
- Stir together - grits, 3/4 cup cheddar cheese, and all the monteray jack cheese.
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat and saute green onions, bell pepper and garlic for 5 minutes or until tender.
- Stir the green onion, bell pepper and garlic into the grits and cheese. Add the shrimp and the drained Rotel.
- After stirring, mine was too thick I thought, so I added little drizzles of the Rotel juice at a time and also a little milk to thin it out just a little.
- Sprinkle the top with the remaining cheddar (I used more!)
This recipe is a personal recipe added by clayton and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Shrimp & Grits Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes