Quite tasty. My family loved this recipe and insisted I make it a "keeper". Be sure to use SMOKED gouda, not regular. I added 1/2 tablespoon of Tony Chachere's Creole seasoning to the shrimp to give a bit more flavor. Otherwise they're kind of bland. This is an outstanding recipe for company. Serve with Butter Beans or a green salad.
Shrimp and Grits
Yield: Makes 4 to 6 servings
More From Southern Living
Total: 35 Minutes
- 1 pound large peeled raw shrimp (31/40 count)
- 1/3 cup dry vermouth
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Salt and ground white pepper to taste
- Smoked Gouda Cheese Grits
- 1. Soak shrimp in vermouth 10 minutes; drain. Sauté shrimp in melted butter in a skillet 2 to 3 minutes or until done. Season with salt and ground white pepper to taste. Serve over Smoked Gouda Cheese Grits.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note