This is a fantastic recipe. I have made it several times and everyone loves it!! If I make it for more than two people, I double the shrimp recipe, but not the grits (there's more than enough for everyone).
Shrimp and Grits
Beth Dreiling Hontzas; Buffy Hargett
More From Southern Living
- 2 bacon slices
- 1 pound unpeeled, medium-size raw shrimp
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup low-sodium, fat-free chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce
- Cheese Grits
- 1. Cook bacon in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat 10 minutes or until crisp; remove bacon, and drain on paper towels, reserving 1 tsp. drippings in skillet. Crumble bacon.
- 2. Peel shrimp; devein, if desired. Sprinkle shrimp with salt and pepper; dredge in flour.
- 3. Sauté mushrooms in hot drippings with oil in skillet 5 minutes or until tender. Add green onions, and sauté 2 minutes. Add shrimp and garlic, and sauté 2 minutes or until shrimp are lightly browned. Stir in chicken broth, lemon juice, and hot sauce, and cook 2 more minutes, stirring to loosen particles from bottom of skillet. Spoon shrimp mixture over hot Cheese Grits; sprinkle with crumbled bacon.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breakfast/Brunch