Mine came out very bitter - maybe the garlic???
Shrimp in Green Sauce
Becky Luigart-Stayner; Lydia DeGaris-Pursell
This Iberian dish is similar to shrimp scampi. Good bread to soak up the rich sauce is a must.
Yield: 6 servings (serving size: about 5 ounces shrimp mixture and 1 ounce bread)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 352
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 11.8g
- Saturated fat: 1.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 6.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2g
- Protein: 37.6g
- Carbohydrate: 19.5g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 259mg
- Iron: 5.6mg
- Sodium: 630mg
- Calcium: 131mg
- 3 1/2 tablespoons extravirgin olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 cup coarsely chopped green onions
- 1 cup coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 1/4 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 6 ounces sourdough or French bread, torn into 6 (1-ounce) pieces
- Preheat oven to 500°.
- Place olive oil and garlic in a food processor; process until garlic is finely chopped, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Add green onions and parsley in food processor; pulse until minced. Spoon garlic mixture into a large bowl. Add 1/2 teaspoon salt, black pepper, red pepper, and shrimp to garlic mixture, and toss well to coat.
- Spoon the shrimp mixture into a shallow roasting pan, and add the wine. Bake at 500° for 7 minutes or until the shrimp are done, stirring once. Serve with bread.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This