- 10 bacon slices, chopped
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon Low Country Seasoning
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh thyme
- 2 pounds raw shrimp, peeled
- 1 1/4 cup (10-oz.) beef broth
- Hot cooked grits
- Garnish: fresh thyme
How to Make It
Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat until almost crisp. Add onion, bell pepper, and celery; cook, stirring often, 8 minutes or until vegetables are tender and bacon is crisp.
Stir in flour; cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Stir in Low Country Seasoning, Worcestershire sauce, and 2 teaspoons thyme. Stir in shrimp. Cook, stirring constantly, 3 minutes. Stir in beef broth. Cook, stirring often, 4 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink and sauce is thickened. Serve over grits. Garnish, if desired.