Yield: 4 servings
- 1 pound small shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 slices bacon
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- Hot cooked rice
- Combine shrimp, salt, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, and pepper in a mixing bowl; mix well. Set aside.
- Cook bacon in a skillet until crisp. Drain, reserving drippings in skillet. Crumble bacon, and set aside. Add flour to hot bacon drippings; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, 10 minutes or until roux is the color of a copper penny. Add onion, celery, and green pepper; simmer 5 minutes.
- Add shrimp, remaining garlic powder, and water to cover, stirring well. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until thickened. Add crumbled bacon; stir well. Serve over rice.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sauces/Condiments