Delicious! I like to roast the garlic about 5 minutes longer though.
Shrimp Georgie Porgie
Yield: Makes 6 to 8 servings
- 1/2 cup olive oil, divided
- 45 garlic cloves (about 4 heads)
- 3 pounds unpeeled, large fresh shrimp
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon liquid shrimp-and-crab boil seasoning
- 2 tablespoons freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons ground red pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 3 bay leaves
- French baguette or rustic bread, sliced
- Combine 1/4 cup oil and garlic in a 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until garlic is lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, combine remaining 1/4 cup olive oil, shrimp, and next 8 ingredients in a large zip-top freezer bag; seal and shake to coat. Add shrimp mixture and bay leaves to baking dish, and toss to coat. Bake 20 more minutes or until shrimp turn pink, stirring once. Serve with bread.
- Pour 2002 Carl Graff Kabinett Piesporter Michelsberg. Fruity, with a hint of sweetness, this German Riesling pairs well with slightly stronger or spicier dishes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note