Shrimp Fried Rice
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1.5 cup(s) water
- 2 teaspoon(s) toasted sesame oil
- 1 cup(s) brown rice Instant
- 2 tablespoon(s) hoisin sauce
- 4 teaspoon(s) soy sauce
- 4 teaspoon(s) canola oil
- 2 whole(s) eggs lightly beaten
- 8 ounce(s) Small Shrimp 51-60 per lb
- 2 tablespoon(s) fresh ginger minced
- 4 cup(s) stringless snap peas 12 ounces
- 1 whole(s) red bell pepper cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 whole(s) carrots thinly sliced
- 1. Combine water and rice in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat. Cover, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until the water is absorbed, 10 to 12 minutes. Spread the rice out on a large baking sheet to cool.
- 2. Combine hoisin sauce, soy sauce and sesame oil in a small bowl; set aside.
- 3. Heat 1 teaspoon canola oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add eggs and cook, stirring to help break into smaller pieces, until just set, about 45 seconds. Transfer the egg to a bowl.
- 4. Add another 1 teaspoon canola oil to the skillet and return to medium-high heat. Add shrimp and cook, stirring occasionally, until pink, 1 1 /2 to 2 minutes. Transfer the shrimp to the bowl.
- 5. Heat the remaining 2 teaspoons oil in the skillet over medium-high heat. Add ginger and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir in snap peas, bell pepper, carrots and scallions; cook, stirring occasionally, until tender-crisp, 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in the rice and the reserved egg and shrimp; cook, stirring, until heated through, about 1 minute. Remove from the heat and gently stir in the sauce mixture.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Brewertm and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note