I try to make different dinner items for my family. There are five of us. If I try something new, I ask if it's a "do-over". This one got 10 thumbs up! It's easy and very flavorful.
Shrimp and Fresh Herb Orzo
Charles E. Walton IV
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced leeks
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or fresh orange juice
- 1/2 tablespoon herbes de Provence
- 2 cups cooked orzo
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill or chives
- 1/2 to 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Garnishes: orange wedges, olives, drizzle of olive oil, and fresh dill
- 1. Sauté leeks in 1 tablespoon hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat 3 minutes or until lightly golden. Add garlic, and cook 30 seconds; remove leeks and garlic.
- 2. Season shrimp with salt and pepper. Turn heat to high, and add remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Add shrimp, and cook 1 minute; stir and cook another minute. Add wine and herbes de Provence; cook 1 minute or until shrimp are just pink and cooked through. Stir in prepared orzo and fresh dill, leeks, and garlic; cook 1 minute or until thoroughly heated. Remove from heat; top with crumbled feta. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This