- 1 (9-ounce) package refrigerated fresh fettuccine
- 1 1/2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper, divided
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic (about 12 cloves)
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup bottled clam juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (28-ounce) can fire-roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- calories 357
- fat 5.9 g
- satfat 0.7 g
- protein 29.1 g
- carbohydrate 39.5 g
- fiber 4.3 g
- cholesterol 202 mg
- iron 5.6 mg
- sodium 756 mg
- calcium 107 mg
How to Make It
Cook pasta in a Dutch oven according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
While water comes to a boil and pasta cooks, combine shrimp, 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil, and 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper in a bowl; toss well to coat shrimp. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat 2 minutes or until very hot. Add shrimp; sauté 1 minute. Remove shrimp from pan; set aside. Reduce heat to medium.
Add remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons oil, rosemary, and garlic to pan; sauté 3 minutes or until fragrant. Add wine and clam juice; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Boil 5 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half. Add remaining 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper, salt, and tomatoes; return to a boil over medium-high heat, and cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in shrimp and any juices; remove from heat.
Drain pasta well, and return to Dutch oven. Add shrimp mixture and parsley; toss well. Serve immediately.
Fra diavolo (frah de-AH-voh-loh), which translates as "brother devil," is a term that refers to a spicy dish that's seasoned heavily with black or red pepper.