Very good, even the husband liked it; loved the roasted garlic in this dish. As other reviewers stated there was not enough sauce; I added 1 cup of nonfat milk and extra spinach. Served over whole wheat linguine.
Shrimp Florentine with Caramelized Garlic
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 484
- Calories from fat: 24%
- Fat: 13.1g
- Saturated fat: 5.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.6g
- Protein: 38.2g
- Carbohydrate: 51.1g
- Fiber: 5.2g
- Cholesterol: 202mg
- Iron: 6.6mg
- Sodium: 811mg
- Calcium: 362mg
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 20 garlic cloves, peeled
- Cooking spray
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 3/4 cup half-and-half
- 1/2 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup (about 1 1/2 ounces) grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups frozen loose-leaf spinach, thawed, drained, and squeezed dry
- 4 cups hot cooked linguine (about 8 ounces uncooked pasta)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- To prepare garlic, combine 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt and garlic in a bowl. Place garlic mixture on a jelly-roll pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until browned, stirring occasionally.
- To prepare shrimp, heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp; sauté 3 minutes or until done. Remove shrimp from pan.
- Melt butter in pan over medium heat. Stir in half-and-half, broth, cheese, 1/4 teaspoon salt, red pepper, and black pepper. Cook 1 minute or until cheese melts, stirring constantly. Stir in shrimp and spinach; cook 1 minute. Combine shrimp mixture, garlic mixture, and pasta in a large bowl; toss well. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note