This dish did not take 40 min. as article says. Added pasta water to the pan since there is no oil or butter in this dish....which is great but it needs to be loosened up a bit. Will def. make again!
Shrimp Florentine Pasta
Lemon juice adds bright acidity and makes all the difference in such a simple dish. Garnish with a slice of lemon to enhance the citrus effect. Serve with Cherry Tomato Caprese Salad.
Yield: Serves 4 (serving size: 1 3/4 cups)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 402
- Fat: 8.6g
- Saturated fat: 4.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 32.1g
- Carbohydrate: 49.3g
- Fiber: 4g
- Cholesterol: 188mg
- Iron: 6mg
- Sodium: 520mg
- Calcium: 107mg
- 8 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh garlic
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (6-ounce) package fresh baby spinach
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain well; set aside, and keep warm.
- 2. Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add shrimp, garlic, and crushed red pepper; cook 4 minutes or until shrimp are done, stirring occasionally. Add cooked pasta, lemon juice, salt, black pepper, and spinach; cook for 3 minutes or until spinach starts to wilt, stirring to combine. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes