Very impressive presentation, good flavor and very little effort. Sure to impress company. Made a few changes to use what I had on hand -- used sherry vice sherry vinegar and doubled the vinaigrette. Used can of crab meat, vice shrimp which stuffed 5 peppers. Served over bed of chopped arugula. Used red onion in place of sweet onion. Will definitely make again -- for family and for company.
Shrimp-Filled Piquillo Peppers in Sherry Vinaigrette (Pimientos del Piquillo con Tartar de Langostinos)
A day ahead, prepare the vinaigrette and cook the shrimp; refrigerate separately.
Yield: 10 servings (serving size: 1 stuffed pepper and about 1/3 cup greens)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 43
- Calories from fat: 37%
- Fat: 1.8g
- Saturated fat: 0.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.2g
- Protein: 4.1g
- Carbohydrate: 2.3g
- Fiber: 1.1g
- Cholesterol: 34mg
- Iron: 0.8mg
- Sodium: 144mg
- Calcium: 30mg
- 4 teaspoons sherry vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon extravirgin olive oil
- 1 1/8 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 cups water
- 1/2 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped Vidalia or other sweet onion
- 10 small roasted piquillo peppers
- 2 cups sliced Belgian endive (about 2 small heads)
- 2 cups trimmed watercress
- 1/4 cup vertically sliced onion
- Combine vinegar and mustard in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add oil, 1/8 teaspoon salt, sugar, and black pepper, stirring with a whisk until blended.
- Combine water and remaining 1 teaspoon salt in a large Dutch oven; bring to a boil. Add shrimp; cook 3 minutes or until done. Drain and rinse with cold water; finely chop. Combine shrimp, parsley, and chopped onion in a medium bowl; stir in 4 teaspoons vinegar mixture. Gently fill each piquillo pepper with about 1 1/2 tablespoons shrimp mixture.
- Place endive, watercress, and sliced onion on a large platter, tossing to combine. Top with stuffed peppers, and drizzle with remaining vinegar mixture.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Shrimp-Filled Piquillo Peppers in Sherry Vinaigrette (Pimientos del Piquillo con Tartar de Langostinos) Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Appetizers