This recipe is directly from Cooking Light September 2011.
Shrimp Fettuccini Alfredo with Roasted Asparagus
Community Recipe from
- 1 ( 9oz ) package(s) Refrigerated fettuccini
- 1 pound(s) Medium shrimp Peeled and deveined
- 2 Green onions Chopped
- 2 clove(s) Garlic Minced
- 2 teaspoon(s) Olive oil
- 1/2 cup(s) Parmigiano-reggiano cheese Grated
- 1/3 cup(s) half-and-half
- 3 tablespoon(s) 1/3-less-fat cream cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoon(s) Fresh parsley Chopped
- Cook the pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain pasta in a colander over a bowl, reserving 1/4 cup cooking liquid. Combine shrimp, onions and garlic in a small bowl. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add olive oil; swirl to coat. Add shrimp mixture, and sauté for 4 minutes or until shrimp are done. Remove from pan; keep warm.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add reserved cooking liquid, Parmigiano-reggiano, half-and-half, cream cheese and pepper to pan. Cook 2 minutes or until cheeses melt. Combine pasta, cheese mixture and shrimp mixture. Sprinkle with parsley.
- For the Roasted Asparagus:
- Combine 2 teaspoons olive oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper, and 1 pound trimmed asparagus on a jelly-roll pan. Bake at 450 for 6 minutes or until crisp-tender. Serve with lemon wedges.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by danimama and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note