This recipe is directly from Cooking Light September 2011.
Shrimp Fettuccini Alfredo with Roasted Asparagus
Community Recipe from
- 1 ( 9oz ) package(s) Refrigerated fettuccini
- 1 pound(s) Medium shrimp Peeled and deveined
- 2 Green onions Chopped
- 2 clove(s) Garlic Minced
- 2 teaspoon(s) Olive oil
- 1/2 cup(s) Parmigiano-reggiano cheese Grated
- 1/3 cup(s) half-and-half
- 3 tablespoon(s) 1/3-less-fat cream cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoon(s) Fresh parsley Chopped
- Cook the pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain pasta in a colander over a bowl, reserving 1/4 cup cooking liquid. Combine shrimp, onions and garlic in a small bowl. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add olive oil; swirl to coat. Add shrimp mixture, and sauté for 4 minutes or until shrimp are done. Remove from pan; keep warm.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add reserved cooking liquid, Parmigiano-reggiano, half-and-half, cream cheese and pepper to pan. Cook 2 minutes or until cheeses melt. Combine pasta, cheese mixture and shrimp mixture. Sprinkle with parsley.
- For the Roasted Asparagus:
- Combine 2 teaspoons olive oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper, and 1 pound trimmed asparagus on a jelly-roll pan. Bake at 450 for 6 minutes or until crisp-tender. Serve with lemon wedges.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by danimama and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes