this was a very delicious recipe and super easy to make. My family loved it! I didnt use any fennel or the fronds. Next time I make this, I will add more lemon rind.
Shrimp and Fennel Risotto
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 313
- Fat: 4.8g
- Saturated fat: 2.2g
- Protein: 28.8g
- Carbohydrate: 37.0g
- Cholesterol: 211mg
- Iron: 5.4mg
- Sodium: 813mg
- Calories from fat: 14%
- Fiber: 2.2g
- Calcium: 115mg
- 1 (32-ounce) container fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped fennel bulb (about 1 medium)
- 1/4 cup minced shallots (about 2 large)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup uncooked Arborio rice
- 2/3 cup dry white wine
- 1 1/2 pounds peeled and deveined medium shrimp
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced fennel fronds
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup (1 1/3 ounces) shredded fresh Parmesan cheese, divided
- Bring broth to a simmer in a medium saucepan (do not boil). Keep warm over low heat.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add fennel bulb, shallots, and garlic, and sauté 4 minutes or until tender. Add rice, and cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Add wine, and cook until liquid is nearly absorbed, stirring constantly. Add warm broth, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly; cook until each portion of broth is absorbed before adding the next (about 30 minutes total).
- Stir in shrimp, fennel fronds, lemon rind, and pepper; cook 8 minutes or until shrimp are done, stirring occasionally. Stir in 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese. Spoon risotto into bowls; sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes