Shrimp, Fennel, and Orange Salad
This recipe goes with "Breaded" Redfish with Shrimp, Fennel, and Orange Salad
Yield: Makes 4 servings
- 1 quart water
- 1/4 cup kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup fennel seed
- 1/2 pound jumbo fresh shrimp, unpeeled
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 2 oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- Bring water and next 4 ingredients to a boil; add shrimp, and cook 3 to 5 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink. Drain, and rinse with cold water. Peel and devein shrimp; chill.
- Stir together rice vinegar and next 3 ingredients in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Combine fennel, oranges, chives, and shrimp. Add dressing mixture; toss well. Cover and chill thoroughly.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This