Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3 tablespoon(s) flour
- 1/3 cup(s) oil
- 2 onions chopped
- 1 bell pepper chopped
- 1 pound(s) med shrimp shelled & deveined
- 2 tablespoon(s) dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon(s) Creole seasoning
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- 1 teaspoon(s) red pepper
- 1 can(s) stewed tomatoes
- 1 cup(s) water
- 1 cup(s) tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon(s) file (to sprinkle on top)
- In a large stockpot add oil and flour, cook over medium heat until brown to make your roux. Add onions to roux, cook to-15 minutes. Add bell pepper, shrimp, parsley, Creole seasoning, salt and black pepper. Simmer 10 minutes. Add red pepper, tomatoes, tomato sauce and water. Simmer at least 1 hour, adding water gradually if it gets too thick. Spring top with file if desired.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Toniahooper and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note