This recipe if fairly spicy, you can reduce or eliminate the red pepper and Creole seasonings for less bite.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3 tablespoon(s) flour
- 1/3 cup(s) oil
- 2 onions chopped
- 1 bell pepper chopped
- 1 pound(s) med shrimp shelled & deveined
- 2 tablespoon(s) dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon(s) Creole seasoning
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- 1 teaspoon(s) red pepper
- 1 can(s) stewed tomatoes
- 1 cup(s) water
- 1 cup(s) tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon(s) file (to sprinkle on top)
- In a large stockpot add oil and flour, cook over medium heat until brown to make your roux. Add onions to roux, cook to-15 minutes. Add bell pepper, shrimp, parsley, Creole seasoning, salt and black pepper. Simmer 10 minutes. Add red pepper, tomatoes, tomato sauce and water. Simmer at least 1 hour, adding water gradually if it gets too thick. Spring top with file if desired.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Toniahooper and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note