- 6 cups water
- 1 1/2 pounds unpeeled, medium-size fresh shrimp*
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can cream of shrimp soup, undiluted
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can cream of onion soup, undiluted
- 1 cup picante sauce
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened*
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided*
- 9 green onions, chopped
- 1 (4.5-ounce) can chopped green chiles
- 10 (6-inch) flour tortillas*
- Garnish: chopped fresh cilantro
How to Make It
Bring 6 cups water to a boil; add shrimp, and cook 3 to 5 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink. Drain and rinse with cold water.
Peel shrimp, and devein, if desired. Coarsely chop shrimp, and set aside.
Combine soups and picante sauce in a saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring often until thoroughly heated. Spoon 1 cup mixture into bottom of a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish; reserve remaining mixture, and keep warm.
Beat cream cheese and sour cream at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth; stir in shrimp, 1 cup Monterey Jack, green onions, and chiles.
Heat tortillas according to package directions. Spoon 3 to 4 tablespoons shrimp mixture down center of each tortilla. Roll up tortillas, and place, seam side down, in baking dish.
Pour remaining soup mixture over enchiladas; top with remaining 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese.
Bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Garnish, if desired.
* Substitute 2 cups chopped, cooked chicken for shrimp, if desired. Substitute reduced-fat cream cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, and flour tortillas for regular cream cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, and flour tirtillas.