- 2/3 cup mayonnaise, divided
- 4 large hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1 celery rib
- 2/3 cup finely chopped boiled shrimp
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon minced sweet onion
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 12 very thin white or wheat sandwich bread slices, lightly toasted
- 1 cup firmly packed fresh spinach
How to Make It
Stir together 1/3 cup mayonnaise and next 8 ingredients. Spread remaining 1/3 cup mayonnaise evenly over 1 side of each bread slice. Spread 4 bread slices, mayonnaise side up, evenly with half of egg salad. Top evenly with half of spinach and 4 bread slices.
Repeat procedure with remaining egg salad, spinach, and bread slices. Cut each sandwich into quarters; garnish, if desired.