- 1/2 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 scallions (light and dark green parts), chopped
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 8-ounce can water chestnuts, drained and roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves (optional)
- 1/4 cup fresh basil (optional)
- 1 12-ounce package wonton wrappers
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- calories 30
- caloriesfromfat 12 %
- fat 0 g
- satfat 0 g
- cholesterol 11 mg
- sodium 68 mg
- carbohydrate 4 g
- fiber 0 g
- sugars 0 g
- protein 2 g
How to Make It
In a food processor, pulse the shrimp, ginger, scallions, soy sauce, and oil until a paste forms. Add the water chestnuts, cilantro, and basil (if using) and pulse briefly.
Place 34 wonton wrappers on a work surface lined with wax or parchment paper. Place 1 heaping teaspoon of the shrimp mixture in the center of each.
Fill a small bowl with the water. Use a pastry brush or fingertip to brush the water along the edges of a wrapper. Fold it over the filling to form a triangle, then press the edges to seal. Use in Shrimp Dumpling Soup.