Shrimp Dijon Pasta Salad With Asparagus
W-S Journal: Desperate Dinners
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 pound(s) already-cooked and peeled shrimp (steamed, grilled, or sauteed)
- 1 2.5 ounce(s) can sliced black olives
- 2 tablespoon(s) fresh parsley, optional
- 1/2 cup(s) Garlic Dijon Vinaigrette, or more to taste
- 1 pound(s) penne or other short, tubular pasta
- 3 scallions
- 1 pound(s) thin fresh asparagus
- 1. Place the pasta in boiling water, and cook according to package directions. When pasta is cooked, drain well, and rinse with cool water. Set aside.
- 2. Meanwhile, break the tough ends off the asparagus spears, and rinse well. Cut the asparagus into 1-inch pieces, and place in a microsteam bag or in a single layer in a shallow, microwave-safe dish. Microwave on high , uncovered, just until crisp-tender, about 2 to 3 minutes, depending on the thickness of the spears. When done, pour the asparagus into a colander, and add a handful of ice. Rinse the asparagus and ice with cool water to stop the cooking. Drain well, removing any ice pieces.
- 3. Make the Garlic Dijon Vinaigrette
- 4. Rinse and chop the scallions. Place them in a large serving bowl. Drain the olives, and add them to the bowl. If the shrimp are larger than 1-inch long, cut them into bite-size pieces, and add them to the bowl. Mince the parsley, if using, and add it to the bowl.
- 5. When the pasta is cooked, rinsed, and drained, shake it well to remove as much water as possible. Add it to the bowl. Drizzle the vinaigrette over the pasta to taste. Serve the salad immediately, or refrigerate until ready to serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note