- 2 (1-ounce) slices white bread
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 4 garlic cloves, minced and divided
- 1 1/2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh tarragon, divided
- 1 1/2 tablespoons finely chopped green onions, divided
- 1 1/2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup dry vermouth
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- calories 133
- caloriesfromfat 26 %
- fat 3.8 g
- satfat 1.7 g
- monofat 1.3 g
- polyfat 0.5 g
- protein 14.3 g
- carbohydrate 5.7 g
- fiber 0.3 g
- cholesterol 134 mg
- iron 2.3 mg
- sodium 301 mg
- calcium 49 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 400°.
Place bread in a food processor, and pulse 10 times or until coarse crumbs measure 1 cup.
Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add half of garlic; sauté 30 seconds. Add breadcrumbs, 1 1/2 teaspoons tarragon, and 1 1/2 teaspoons green onions; cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Place breadcrumb mixture in a bowl.
Add remaining 1 tablespoon butter to pan; cook 1 minute or until butter begins to brown. Add remaining half of garlic; sauté 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Add shrimp; sauté 2 minutes. Stir in dry vermouth and Dijon mustard; simmer for 1 minute or until the shrimp are done. Stir in remaining 1 tablespoon tarragon, remaining 1 tablespoon green onions, salt, and pepper.
Arrange the shrimp mixture in a single layer in an 8-inch square baking dish, and sprinkle breadcrumb mixture evenly over shrimp. Bake at 400° for 10 minutes or until the breadcrumbs are golden.