- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash of red pepper
- Dash of paprika
- 1/4 cup sherry
- 1 tablespoon catsup
- 2 cups peeled and deveined cooked medium shrimp
- Hot cooked rice
- Chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- Melt butter in a large skillet over low heat. Add flour; mix until smooth. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Gradually add milk, blending until smooth. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened and bubbly. Stir in curry powder, salt, pepper, and paprika; mix well. Add sherry, catsup, and shrimp; mix well. Cook until thoroughly heated.
- Serve shrimp mixture over mounds of hot cooked rice; sprinkle with parsley, if desired. Serve with several of the following condiments: (about 3/4 cup each) chutney, flaked coconut, chopped hard-cooked egg, salted peanuts, and raisins.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note