Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 1/2 pound(s) shrimp
- 1 cup(s) onion chopped
- 4 clove(s) garlic chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) bell pepper chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) oil
- 1 can(s) 4-6 ounce tomato sauce
- 1 can(s) 6 ounce tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon(s) sugar
- 1 cup(s) celery chopped
- 2 - 3 cup(s) water
- salt,pepper,cayenne to taste
- Season shrimp with salt, pepper and cayenne. Heat oil in heavy pot over medium heat, cook onions, bell pepper and celery. Add tomato paste and fry another 5 minutes stirring constantly. Add tomato sauce and 2 cups of water. Cook about 40 minutes or until oil comes to top. Use more H2O if necessary. Add shrimp, pepper, garlic, sugar, salt, black pepper and cayenne. Cook 30 minutes. Serve over rice.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by theresas1 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
shrimp creole Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes