Community Recipe from
- 8 slice(s) bacon
- 1 cup(s) celery chopped
- 1 cup(s) green pepper chopped
- 1 cup(s) onion chopped
- 2 clove(s) garlic finely chopped
- 2 teaspoon(s) worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup(s) chili sauce
- 4 cup(s) tomatoes diced
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- 8 shakes hot sauce
- 1 bay leaf
- 6 sprig(s) thyme
- 2 tablespoon(s) parsley chopped
- 1 tablespoon(s) sugar
- 2 tablespoon(s) butter
- 2 pound(s) shrimp
- fresh parsley chopped
- Fry bacon in skillet until crisp. Remove and drain on paper towels. Crumble and reserve.
- Saute next 4 ingredients in bacon grease until wilted. Add tomatoes, chili sauce and worcestershire sauce, Season with next 7 ingredients. Simmercovered for 30-45 minutes.
- Melt butter in saute pan. Add shrimp and cook until pink. Thirty minutes before serving, add shrimp to sauce and crumbled bacon to sauce. Heat thoroughly and serve with rice. Garnish with chopped parsley.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by 6439375 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Shrimp Creole Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes
More Recipes for Main Dishes