All I can say is YUM!!
Yield: 1 1/4 gallons
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 9 (14 1/2-ounce) cans chicken broth
- 2 1/2 cups chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 (10-ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 3 pounds unpeeled, medium-size fresh shrimp
- 1 (16-ounce) container lump crabmeat
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon filé powder (optional)
- Hot cooked rice
- Heat oil in a large stockpot over medium heat; gradually whisk in flour, and cook, whisking constantly, until flour is a dark mahogany (about 30 minutes).
- Stir in chicken broth and next 6 ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 3 hours.
- Peel shrimp, and devein, if desired. Add shrimp to broth mixture; cook, stirring often, 15 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink. Stir in crabmeat and parsley. Remove from heat; stir in filé powder, if desired. Serve over hot cooked rice.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes