Cornbread Supreme with Shrimp
- 3 thick bacon slices
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted and cooled
- 1 (6-ounce) package Martha White Buttermilk or Cotton Country Cornbread Mix
- 6 dashes of hot pepper sauce
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach or chopped broccoli, thawed and drained well
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled, deveined, and coarsely chopped
- 2 cups (8 ounces) finely shredded sharp Cheddar Cheese
- chopped fresh parsley for granish
- 1. Preheat the oven to 375°. Cook the bacon in a 10 1/2-inch cast iron skillet over medium-high heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain; crumble and set aside.
- 2. Transfer 1 tablespoon of the bacon drippings to a small bowl. Drain off the remaining drippings from the skillet and discard. Wipe the skillet clean, then return the reserved drippings to the skillet. Place in the oven to heat.
- 3. Beat the eggs in a large bowl. Add the milk, melted butter, cornbread mix, and hot pepper sauce, stirring until blended. Stir in the onion, spinach, shrimp, and 11/2 cups cheese. Carefully remove the skillet from the oven. Pour the batter into the hot skillet. Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup cheese over the top.
- 4. Bake until set and golden brown, 30 to 35 minutes. Remove from the oven and let rest 5 to 10 minutes in the skillet on a wire rack. Sprinkle with the bacon and parsley, if desired; cut into wedges and serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes