- Yellow Cornbread
- 1 pound unpeeled, medium-size fresh shrimp
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 pound andouille sausage, chopped
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 cups fresh corn kernels (or frozen whole kernel corn, thawed)
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
How to Make It
Cut cornbread into 1-inch cubes. Arrange in a single layer in a 15- x 10-inch jellyroll pan. Bake at 350° for 10 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Set aside.
Peel shrimp; devein, if desired. Set aside.
Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat; add onion and garlic, and sauté until tender. Add shrimp, sausage, green onions, corn, and jalapeño pepper. Cook, stirring constantly, until shrimp begin to turn pink. Remove from heat. (Shrimp will still be raw.) Stir in cumin and next 5 ingredients. Fold in cornbread. Spoon into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes.