Southern Living SEPTEMBER 2008
1. Peel shrimp; devein, if desired.
2. Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat 8 to 10 minutes or until crisp; remove bacon, and drain on paper towels, reserving 1 Tbsp. drippings in skillet. Crumble bacon.
3. Bring chicken broth and 1 Tbsp. olive oil to a boil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Remove from heat, and stir in couscous; cover and let stand 4 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, sprinkle shrimp with pepper. Heat remaining 2 Tbsp. olive oil and reserved drippings over medium-high heat; add shrimp, collards, and soup base, and cook, stirring occasionally, 5 to 8 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink.
5. Fluff couscous with a fork. Stir couscous and crumbled bacon into shrimp mixture in skillet. Serve immediately.
Go to full version of