Shrimp and Collards
More From Southern Living
Stand: 4 Minutes
- 1 pound unpeeled, medium-size raw shrimp (41/50 count)
- 8 bacon slices
- 1 (14-oz.) can chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 1/3 cups uncooked couscous
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 (16-oz.) package frozen chopped collard greens, thawed
- 1 teaspoon jarred ham-flavored soup base
- 1. Peel shrimp; devein, if desired.
- 2. Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat 8 to 10 minutes or until crisp; remove bacon, and drain on paper towels, reserving 1 Tbsp. drippings in skillet. Crumble bacon.
- 3. Bring chicken broth and 1 Tbsp. olive oil to a boil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Remove from heat, and stir in couscous; cover and let stand 4 minutes.
- 4. Meanwhile, sprinkle shrimp with pepper. Heat remaining 2 Tbsp. olive oil and reserved drippings over medium-high heat; add shrimp, collards, and soup base, and cook, stirring occasionally, 5 to 8 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink.
- 5. Fluff couscous with a fork. Stir couscous and crumbled bacon into shrimp mixture in skillet. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes